The Alberta Elite Hockey League’s U16 AAA regular season has come to a close, with fourteen teams advancing to the playoffs, including the Calgary NWCAA Flames, who finished atop the league with 58 points.
Before the U16 AAA playoffs officially begin, the eighth and ninth-place teams in each division will compete in a play-in round to advance to the playoffs.
The final standings at the conclusion of the U16 AAA regular season are:
1) Canadian (CAC) United Cycle (55 pts)
2) St. Albert Tetz Powell CPAs Flyers (54 pts)
3) Fort Sask TC Infrastructure Rangers (52 pts)
4) Sherwood Park Squires (47 pts)
5) Leduc Techmation Oil Kings (31 pts)
6) GPAC Storm (29 pts)
7) Lloydminster R’ohan Bobcats (27 pts)
8) SSAC United Cycle Bulldogs (21 pts)
9) MLAC Alberta Screw Piles Leafs (20 pts)
10) PAC Saints (10 pts)
11) KC Centennials (9 pts)
1) NWCAA Flames (58 pts)
2) Calgary Royals (52 pts)
3) Okotoks Oilers (38 pts)
4) CBHA Bulls (35 pts)
5) SEAC Tigers (34 pts)
6) Lethbridge Headwater Hurricanes (32 pts)
7) Red Deer North Stars (31 pts)
8) AC Avalanche (29 pts)
9) Calgary Northstars (16 pts)
After sitting atop the league in points for several months, CAC forward Lynden Donald-Gorman led all skaters in goals (32) and points (59) for the 2021-22 season , while Lethbridge’s Kasey Russell Jr. finished with the most assists, with 31.
SEAC goaltender Kaige Schafer and NWCAA’s Brett O’Halloran both finished the season with 15 wins, Shafer with a 15-7-0 record, and O’Halloran with a 15-2-0 record. St. Albert netminder Hudson Sedo finished with the top GAA (1.95), while CBHA goalie Kael Svenson’s .929 SV% was best in the league.
Both North and South Division Play-In Series kick off on Thursday, March 10. The winner of each best-of-three series will move on to face the first place team in their respective division – CAC in the North, and NWCAA Flames in the South.
The Play-In Series matchups and schedules are as follows: